Episode 019: Creatine: Is it Safe for Women, Teens, and Older Adults?
Protein powders, supplements, pre-workouts, and the like are becoming very mainstream. I have teenage boys coming into my office trying to reach their goals and optimize their performance in the gym by using these products. On the other end of the spectrum, I see men and women in the older generation experiencing muscle atrophy and considering supplementation for it.
Many of these seem to be relevant cases for prescribing creatine. However, I always want to make sure I’m providing the best and safest recommendations to my clients. So, I’ve been digging into the research on creatine and trying to determine when, who, what, and how much is appropriate. Tune in to learn all about it!
- What is creatine?
- How creatine works in the body.
- Some of the effects of creatine supplementation.
- Research on the safety of creatine for pregnant women.
- How creatine can improve your mental health.
- Dosage recommendations.
- How to get the most out of your creatine supplement.
- When kids can safely start taking creatine.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Fuel, Sweat, and Science is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!