Episode 020: Become a Better Butter (FAT!) Burner
Today, we’re talking about how to become a butter burner.
What does that mean? It means training your body to burn fat instead of sugar.
About 10 years ago, I started digging into this science. It was right around when Orange Theory was coming onto the scene. For those that aren’t familiar, Orange Theory utilizes heart-rate/zone-based training. However, I started to realize that they weren’t giving people an accurate heart rate because they weren’t specifying individual aerobic and anaerobic thresholds.
In this episode, I dive into why understanding your personal threshold is important for exercise and weight loss. I also teach you how to become a better butter burner. Tune in to learn how to maximize your workouts by doing lower intensity workouts and eating the right kind of fuel.
- What aerobic threshold means.
- What zone training is.
- The difference between fat and glycogen metabolism.
- The history behind this.
- The benefits of a moderate carb and healthy fat diet.
- What an exercise metabolism assessment is and how to get one done.
- Why you should think of yourself as a hybrid vehicle.
- The benefits of low-intensity, low-impact exercise.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Fuel, Sweat, and Science is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!