Scale Woes: Why the Scale Can Fluctuate So Much
Episode 025: Scale Woes: Why the Scale Can Fluctuate So Much
It’s probably the most frustrating part of losing weight. It makes you want to pull your hair out in confusion. It’s the greatest anomaly of them all.
What is it? Scale fluctuation.
Whether it’s due to water retention, eating a late-night meal, or something else entirely, I think we’ve all experienced what I like to call “scale woes.” No matter how many times we’re told (or remind ourselves) that the scale does not dictate our progress, it’s still so easy to let it get us down. We often feel like we’re not getting results and end up losing motivation and wanting to give up.
In this episode, I want to help you understand why the scale actually fluctuates so much. I want to encourage you that your process is working and that the number on the scale doesn’t have to determine your mood for the rest of the day. Your body simply has a mind of its own.
So tune in and we’ll dive into the behind-the-scenes of scale fluctuations.
- How carb consumption can make the scale fluctuate.
- What causes water retention.
- What to do if you’re retaining water.
- How to track your hydration levels.
- Why women often see the number on the scale go up when on their period.
- How stress leads to weight fluctuation.
- How exercise can contribute to your stress levels.
- Why you need to look at the big picture of weight loss.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Fuel, Sweat, and Science is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!